Philosophy of Youth Ministry:
* God calls parents to be their kid’s primary disciplers. Our aim as a youth ministry is to strengthen this discipleship. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
* We build everything we do around equipping our youth to teach others the Word of God. The world is desperate for people who submit themselves to God’s Word and are able to teach others to do the same. (Matthew 28:18-20)
* All of our teaching is intended to engage the heart. The Word of God is living and active and divides the heart or literally the whole person. Our hope is that our labor would foster an environment that would encourage repentance and a deeper hope in Christ. (Hebrews 4:12)
* We undergird everything we do in prayer. Though we would like to pray more, our whole congregation is praying for this next generation to be world changers for the glory of Christ. Apart from the work of the Holy Spirit all of our work would be in vain. (Psalm 127:1)
Sunday School (listen to class here)
Youth On Wednesday Nights:
* We meet from 6:30-8 pm. Join us for dinner at 5:45.
* We spend the first 45 minutes playing games (This helps us connect relationally before we study the Bible.
* The last hour is spent in Bible Study.
* Retreats are designed to get our kids out of town together and away from the normal flow of school, activity, and entertainment. At these retreats, they get concentrated doses of the gospel through talks, relevant seminars, and God-centered singing, as well as challenging ropes courses and zip lines.
* Our Senior High students attend the Fall Retreat and our Junior High attend the Spring Retreat at Bonclarken.
* These retreats also help our youth to encourage one another like God calls them to.