1. The Inquirer’s Class being offered during the Sunday School hour began Sunday, May 5th. We will be meeting in the museum.
2. Ladies, our quarterly Women of the Church (WOC) meeting will be held on Sunday, June 2 at 5:00 in the Fellowship Hall. We are happy to have Elaine DeVusser coming to speak with us. Also, if you have any craft items to donate to the Bonclarken gift shop, bring them to the meeting.
3. The Senior Citizens Committee is sponsoring a trip to the Metrolina Greenhousefor a tour of their facilities on June 7th from 9:00 to 12:00. We will be eating lunch afterward. Please write your name on the list in the vestibule if you plan to go since we will need a count for the Greenhouse. If you have any questions, please contact the Senior Citizens Committee.
4. There will be a baby shower for Sarah Bauer on Saturday, June 1 at 10:00 AM.
5. Graduation season is just around the corner! Please let the church office know of any upcoming High School or College graduates.
6. The CCARP Scholarship Educational Committee will be accepting applications for the 2019–2020 school year until 6/15/2019. Application forms are available in the vestibule or the church office.
7. As a church and denomination, we subscribe to the doctrinal statements of the Westminster Confession of Faith. But what are those statements and what are they based upon? How did they come into being and why are they so foundational for our understanding of Biblical doctrine? We’ll explore these questions and more as we begin a study of the WCF in our adult Bible study on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Please join us! Listen to the class here.
8. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
9. Three classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Judges. The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about Covenant Theology. The Inquirer’s Class is taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
10. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
11. Our Coddle Creek Cookbook inventory is running low, which means that it is time to revise & reprint. If you would like to help with this project please see Karen Kistler.
12. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
13. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.