1. Session will meet on Monday, November 12 at 6:00 PM.
2. Shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child can be found on the first pew by the front door and in the vestibule. If you wish to participate, please take a box, fill the box according to the instructions in the box, and return it to church on Sunday, November 11.
3. Save-the-date! The WOC Witness and Outreach Committee is organizing a Marriage Retreat the weekend of February 8-9. The Rev. Josh Squires, Associate Minister of Counseling, at First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, SC will be our speaker. Whether you are newly married, or going on 50+ years, this retreat is for you. More information and registration details will be available in the coming weeks.
4. As a church and denomination, we subscribe to the doctrinal statements of the Westminster Confession of Faith. But what are those statements and what are they based upon? How did they come into being and why are they so foundational for our understanding of Biblical doctrine? We’ll explore these questions and more as we begin a study of the WCF in our adult Bible studyon Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Please join us! Listen to the class here.
5. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
6. Three classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Hebrews The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about Covenant Theology. The Inquirer’s Class is taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
7. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
8. Our Coddle Creek Cookbook inventory is running low, which means that it is time to revise & reprint. If you would like to help with this project please see Karen Kistler.
9. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
10. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.