1. We will be producing a new pictorial directory this Fall. Pictures will be taken Oct. 24-27. A sign-up sheet to schedule your photo appointment will be available in the vestibule Sept. 9-30.
2. Session will meet on Tuesday, September 11 at 6:00 PM.
3. Claire Hill’s baby shower is this Saturday – September 15 from 10-12 in the Coddle Creek Fellowship Hall.
4. The Communicant’s Class for children and youth (4th grade and above) interested in becoming members of Coddle Creek Church will be held during the Sunday School hour Sept. 9-30. If you have not yet signed your child up, please see Andrew.
5. Covenant Kids and Youth Group will resume on September 12 from 6:00-7:30.
6. The 27th Annual Lifewalk is Saturday – September 29, 2018 beginning at 8:30 a.m. at Langtree Lake Norman.
7. This year marks the anniversary of 265 years of ministry for Coddle Creek ARP Church. To commemorate this milestone, we will be having a Homecoming celebration on Sunday, October 14, 2018. We are planning to have “dinner on the grounds” after the worship service. That means a covered dish lunch with everyone bringing their favorite foods to share and serving and eating together in the grove! If there is anyone you know who has a tie to Coddle Creek and might like to receive an invitation to Homecoming, please let us know by putting their name and address on one of the forms found on the table in the vestibule.
8. The High School Fall Retreatis coming up! We will head to Bonclarken Sept. 21-23 to hear from God’s word in a weekend full of learning, fellowship, and fun. Please be praying even now that the Lord will richly bless our time. Parents and students who are interested in more information, please see Michael Bauer.
9. Our Good News Club ministry at Coddle Creek Elementary School will begin in September and we would love for you to be a part of our team! There are a variety of ways you can be involved in our effort to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with children and families. If you are interested in learning more, please speak with Valerie Baggett or Andrew Shoger.
10. As a church and denomination, we subscribe to the doctrinal statements of the Westminster Confession of Faith. But what are those statements and what are they based upon? How did they come into being and why are they so foundational for our understanding of Biblical doctrine? We’ll explore these questions and more as we begin a study of the WCF in our adult Bible studyon Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Please join us! Listen to the class here.
11. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
12. If you have musical offerings you would like to share, please see Allison Keisler. These offerings could be instrumental or vocal and from anyone at any age! The choir would also like to invite anyone, high school and above, to join us for weekly choir rehearsal.
13. Three classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Hebrews The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about Covenant Theology. The Inquirer’s Class is taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
14. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
15. Our Coddle Creek Cookbook inventory is running low, which means that it is time to revise & reprint. If you would like to help with this project please see Karen Kistler.
16. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
17. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.