1. Grace Circle will meet on Thursday, July 20. Dinner is at 5:30 at Pie in the Sky. Bible study is at 7:00 pm and we will cover chapters 15-16, with questions on page 179.
2. There will be a joint Sunday School class on Aug. 6 in the sanctuary to hear Dave and Marilyn Simmons, missionaries to Peru. Middle School through Adult classes will meet to hear a report from the Simmons. Following the worship service, there will be a congregational covered-dish lunch. Please bring food to share. This will provide an opportunity for all to visit with the Simmons.
3. Attention Senior Citizens! Mark your calendar for our annual banquet on Saturday, August 26 from 11:30-1:30. More details to come.
4. Ladies, we will begin a new Precept Bible Study in the book of Matthew (Chapters 14-28) on Tuesday mornings from 9:30-11:30 AM beginning August 1 through September 26. The cost of the class is $20. To register, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Nancy Grabb by Thursday, July 6th.
5. Adults gather on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm in the Kennedy classroom for a time of singing, Bible study, and prayer. This mid-week fellowship provides an opportunity for us to share our burdens, as well as our joys, with one another and lift them up to the Lord in prayer. Listen to the class here.
6. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
7. If you have musical offerings you would like to share, please see Allison Keisler. These offerings could be instrumental or vocal and from anyone at any age! The choir would also like to invite anyone, high school and above, to join us for weekly choir rehearsal.
8. A six week New Member’s Class was recorded and can be heard online.
9. Three Sunday School classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Exodus. The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about the Apostles. The New Members Class was taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
10. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
11. If anyone would like to buy a Coddle Creek cookbook , please see Denise Sherrill or Cathy Houck. The cost of the cookbook is $12.00.
12. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
13. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.