1. We need more volunteers for the Good News Club ministry! Please speak with Valerie Baggette for more information.
2. Covenant Kids and Youth will resume on September 13 from 6:00-7:30 PM.
3. There will be a Barbecue Committee Meeting on Thursday, September 21 at 7:00 PM.
4. Grace Circle will meet on Thursday, September 28. Dinner is at 5:30 at Red Robin and Bible Study is at 7:00. We will be covering chapters 19 and 20.
5. Our 69th Annual Barbecue will be Nov. 9th, Please plan to take time off and help with this annual event.
6. This year’s FALL FESTIVAL is scheduled for October 21, 2017. Mark your calendars and plan to come. A committee is needed to plan and execute this event. If you are willing and able to help coordinate this fun family activity please contact Victor Johnston, Valerie Baggett or Tim Burrell.
7. Lifewalk for Community Pregnancy Center is September 23rd. Registration is 8:30 and the walk starts at 9:00 am. For more information, please call 704-664-4673.
8. Adults gather on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm in the Kennedy classroom for a time of singing, Bible study, and prayer. This mid-week fellowship provides an opportunity for us to share our burdens, as well as our joys, with one another and lift them up to the Lord in prayer. Listen to the class here.
9. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
10. If you have musical offerings you would like to share, please see Allison Keisler. These offerings could be instrumental or vocal and from anyone at any age! The choir would also like to invite anyone, high school and above, to join us for weekly choir rehearsal.
11. A six week New Member’s Class was recorded and can be heard online.
12. Three Sunday School classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Exodus. The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about the Apostles. The New Members Class was taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
13. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
14. If anyone would like to buy a Coddle Creek cookbook , please see Denise Sherrill or Cathy Houck. The cost of the cookbook is $12.00.
15. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
16. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.