1. The Women’s Ministry annual meeting will be held on Saturday, October 13 at Bonclarken. The seminars will begin at 10:00 and the meeting is at 1:00. If you are interested in attending, please speak to Karen Kistler or Nancy Myers.
2. This year marks the anniversary of 265 years of ministry for Coddle Creek ARP Church. To commemorate this milestone, we will be having a Homecoming celebration on Sunday, October 14, 2018. We are planning to have “dinner on the grounds” after the worship service. That means a covered dish lunch with everyone bringing their favorite foods to share and serving and eating together in the grove! If there is anyone you know who has a tie to Coddle Creek and might like to receive an invitation to Homecoming, please let us know by putting their name and address on one of the forms found on the table in the vestibule.
3. The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper will be observed Sunday, Oct 21.
4. This year’s Fall Festival is scheduled for October 27. If you are willing and able to help coordinate this fun family activity, please contact Valerie Baggett.
5. The 70th Annual Barbecue will be November 8th. Please plan to take time off to help with this event.
6. As a church and denomination, we subscribe to the doctrinal statements of the Westminster Confession of Faith. But what are those statements and what are they based upon? How did they come into being and why are they so foundational for our understanding of Biblical doctrine? We’ll explore these questions and more as we begin a study of the WCF in our adult Bible studyon Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Please join us! Listen to the class here.
7. We would like to update our record of veterans who are buried in our cemetery. If you know of a veteran who is buried in our Coddle Creek Cemetery, please let Nancy Myers know. If you know their branch of service and any war in which they served, that would be helpful too. Thank you for your help!
8. Three classes can be heard online: the Pressly Class, taught by Stephen Russell, is studying Hebrews The Senior High Class, taught by Ben Keisler, is studying about Covenant Theology. The Inquirer’s Class is taught by Rev. Andrew Shoger.
9. The WOC is providing family mailboxes for congregational use. It’s located in the office. You may use it to send messages to our congregational families. Please be sure to check your folder when you are here to see what mail you might have received.
10. Our Coddle Creek Cookbook inventory is running low, which means that it is time to revise & reprint. If you would like to help with this project please see Karen Kistler.
11. In the event of inclement weather which would cause our service to be cancelled, you may watch Channel 9 and an All-Call may also be made. We also use this telephone method for important announcements. If you do not currently receive phone messages from the church and wish to be added to the roster, please give your name and number to Mick Houck.
12. If you would like to reserve space in the church or use the church van, please contact Pastor Shoger. Consult the Church Resources/Facilities list for current reservations.